Deadline: February 15, 2023
Each year, the ISTernship offers outstanding bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world the opportunity to join ISTernship summer programme in Austria. The programme is open to Students who are interested in basic research in the fields of biology, computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, neuroscience as well as other interdisciplinary areas.
The ISTernship which translates as [IST + (int)ernship)] has been running each year since 2013 giving bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world a unique experience to expand their scientific research experience. The programme usually offers up to 30-40 students the opportunity to join the ISTernship program and work closely with the organization faculty or a lab member on a short research project.
The next ISTernship summer programme will run for 2-3 months from May 15 to September 15, 2023. As part of the application, if selected as an intern, you will choose a group to work in and will agree on a research project with your group leader.
Selected interns will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a Monthly compensation for the 2-3 months of the programme.
- Austria has a statutory social security system, therefore you will have access to health insurance as soon as you start your ISTernship program at IST Austria.
- You will receive assistance with travel and visa arrangements.
- Interns can choose to live on campus in the IST Austria owned and operated apartments.
- You will have Free access to the IST Austria shuttle bus with hourly service to Vienna
To apply, make sure that you meet the following conditions.
- Applicants from all over the world, from any university or institution are welcome to apply for the internship.
- You must must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree programme in good standing at a degree granting institution.
- Applicants must have completed at least the fourth semester of their bachelor’s studies before the respective start date
- The internship is conducted in English, therefore you should have a sufficient proficiency in English
- Applicants for the internship must demonstrate interest in basic research in the following fields: Biology, Computer science, Data science, Scientific computing, mathematics, physics, neuroscience, chemistry & materials, and interdisciplinary areas
You must complete your application using the online application portal. Applicants will be required first register and create their account by providing their basic biodata information. During the application process, you will be required to upload the following supporting documents
- Your most recent CV
- A well prepared Statement of purpose
- Your University transcripts and diplomas for your degree programs that have previously attended and/or are currently enrolled in.
- Transcripts should be submitted in their original language accompanied by English Translations in case they are issued in another language other than English.
- You must also submit Contact information of 1 or 2 referees who will recommend you
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here