BU offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond. Most awards are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. Plus, merit-based awards don’t require you to submit a financial aid application and do not have to be repaid.
The competition is keen.
While criteria varies for each scholarship, recipients typically:
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
Though test scores are not required, students who submit scores typically:
- Have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33
Who is eligible to apply?
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- International students are considered for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only.
This four-year, $25,000 tuition scholarship is awarded to students who have participated in the FIRST Robotics program for at least one full season in high school and who have applied and been admitted to the College of Engineering. FIRST Scholars also receive funding to participate in a research program with a College of Engineering faculty member for up to 10 hours per week for one semester in the first two years of study. Those who maintain an overall grade point average of 3.40 are guaranteed admission to a BU College of Engineering master of science program.
To be eligible:
- Submit your application for admission to the College of Engineering and all supporting credentials by January 4.
- Have a FIRST team advisor submit this required recommendation form and letter of recommendation no later than February 1. For more information, please contact 617-353-2300.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent US residents.