The Association of Anesthetists announced an LMIC-based Editorial Fellowship starting in September 2023. Two journals of the Association of Anesthetists—Anesthesia and Anesthesia Reports—are offering an extension of their established editorial fellowship scheme.
This new 12-month fellowship will support an exceptional trainee anesthetic doctor based in sub-Saharan Africa with a desire to develop their editorial skills.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: Successful applicants will gain experience working across both journals. There will be an honorarium of £2500 for the year, with additional support for data costs and travel (for one in-person meeting per year).
The successful applicant will also receive membership of the Association of Anesthetists during this year with associated benefits and training opportunities.
Eligibility: You must;
- Be a qualified medical doctor with a M.MED degree or equivalent in Anaesthesia
- Be working in a training position or be within 3 years of starting a substantive (fully trained) position
- Be based in sub-Saharan Africa
How to Apply: Apply via email
- Include a one-page CV and copies of medical and anaesthetic qualifications
- Include a 300-word outline of a project that you wish to undertake with an Editor which should be relevant to the journals, publishing or editorial work more generally [1–3].
- Be formatted in accordance with Anaesthesia journal style, which can be found in the ‘instructions to authors’ section of the journal website.