University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
|Salary:||£21,197 to £23,144 Grade 3 per annum|
|Placed On:||1st March 2023|
|Closes:||15th March 2023|
Full Time (37 hours, 1 FTE)
Location: Birmingham Campus
The Institute of Inner-City Learning is seeking to appoint two Site Operatives at its Birmingham Campus.
– THE ROLE –
The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the security of UWTSD premises and the environment. In addition, depending on Rota and need, they will be expected to carry out caretaking duties, portering, and minor maintenance, as well as other general duties required by the role. General caretaking duties such as shifting furniture and packages, litter picking, leaf clearance and maintaining the general cleanliness of the University environment will also be an integral part of the role. The post holder will be required to travel between university location using University Vehicles as required.
The physical nature of the role requires the post holder to possess the ability to lift and carry heavy loads and to be on foot for large parts of the working day. The post holder will be expected to work on a Rota system; this will include weekend, nights, and shift outside normal working hours to respond to the demands of the service.
Main duties will include:
- Be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the University’s current requirements. Opening and locking up of the University buildings including lights, internal doors and alarms.
- Assist staff, students and visitors wherever necessary.
- Ensure all alarm systems and calls are handled as per agreed standard.
- Provide reception services and assistance to all stakeholders as required.
- Ensure the car parks and parking areas are safe for use, checking for deterioration of fabric, surface and lines.
- Ensure parking space requests are delivered in a timely manner.
- Undertake portering related tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture, delivery of parcels, assisting in unloading deliveries, issuing of keys and passes to students, staff and contractors.
- Undertake office furniture moves and setting up of classrooms as required.
- Maintain the environment in a clean & orderly manner.
- Undertake cleaning duties in a thorough, accurate and timely manner with appropriate attention to detail
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
– REQUIREMENTS –
You should also have:
- Good general level of education
- Willingness to undertake first-aid certificate training
- Previous experience in providing grounds and minor maintenance service
• Previous experience of working in Higher Education
• Ability to identify potential risks and undertake risk assessment
– FURTHER INFORMATION –
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
– HOW TO APPLY –
Please click here to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
We expect interviews to take place in week commencing 27th March 2023.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th March, 11:59pm.