University of Minnesota Undergraduate Scholarship is available for International freshmen and transfer students seeking to enrol in the degree program at the University. Awards are competitive and based on academic merit.
At the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, we seek new knowledge that can change how we all work and live. We prepare students to meet the great challenges facing our state, our nation, and our world. And we apply our expertise as students, faculty, and staff to engage with communities across Minnesota.
Founded in 1851 near Saint Anthony Falls on the banks of the Mississippi River, we are one of five universities in the nation with an engineering school, medical school, law school, veterinary medicine school, and agricultural school all on one campus.
Application Deadline: November, 15 2023
Value of Award: $10,000 – $25,000
Award Period: For the 2022–23 academic year, international freshmen can receive scholarships of $25,000, $15,000, or $10,000 per year for up to four years.
Transfer students may receive $10,000 per year for up to three years when entering the University in the Fall semester. Transfer students entering in the Spring semester will be considered for scholarships on a funds-available basis.
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility conditions;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Minnesota, USA
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Minnesota’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
How To Apply: There is no separate scholarship application required; students are considered based on an overall assessment of their on-time admission application. All international freshmen and transfer students who complete their applications for admission by the deadlines are automatically considered for a Global Excellence Scholarship.
Students must maintain their F-1 immigration status to remain eligible for these scholarships. If you have been awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship and have questions about the award, please view the Frequently Asked Questions on the International Student and Scholar Services website.