Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Any non-EU country
To be taken at (country): Romanian Universities
Type: Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees
Number of Scholarships: 85 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania
Value of Award:
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study, subject to academic performance.
Eligibility: Citizens of non-EU countries (irrespective of their residence) are eligible to apply. Priority is given to citizens from non-EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.